rotten > Library > Death > Maladies > Cancer > Liver Cancer|
- Spiro T. Agnew, corrupt Vice President.
- Eddie Arcaro, jockey.
- Jorge Luis Borges, author.
- John Coltrane, musician.
- Allen Ginsberg, Beat poet.
- Sir Alec Guinness, actor.
- Doug Henning, magician.
- Gregory Hines, tapdancer, hid his liver cancer from fellow Will and Grace cast mates for two years.
- Ken Kesey, Beat author.
- Henry Mancini, musician, cancer of the liver and pancreas.
- Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's.
|13 Aug 1995
||Baseball player Mickey Mantle dies of liver cancer at Baylor Medical Center, Dallas TX. Lifetime alcoholics, Mantle and Billy Martin used to kid each other about whose liver would give out first. Martin died first, but afterwards Mantle got a new liver, though that clearly wasn't enough. Buried at Hillcrest Memorial Park in Dallas.
|27 Apr 1998
||Author Carlos Castaneda dies of hepatocellular (liver) cancer at his home in Westwood, CA.
|25 Nov 1998
||Comedian Flip Wilson dies of liver cancer at his home in Malibu, CA.
Faces of Death |