rotten > Library > Biographies > Entertainers > Actors > Nancy Reagan|
- Born Anne Frances Robbins, renamed to Nancy Davis by a studio.
- Wife of President Ronald Reagan. Ronald knocked her up before they got married. He called her Mommy. After he got Alzheimer's, she became his caretaker.
- The last movie she appeared in was Hellcats of the Navy, which she starred in with Ronald.
- Hired astrologer Joan Quigley, who had an alarming say in when the President would travel or meet with foreign leaders.
- Just say No anti-drug campaign, which failed so miserably that drug use actually increased during her reign.
- Guest-starred in an episode of Different Strokes with Dana Plato (now dead from an overdose) and the rest. Thus it may not have been the best choice of show for a lasting anti-drug message.
- Undertook an expensive redecoration of the White House, in the midst of a major economic recession.
- Had a mastectomy.
- "A woman is like a teabag-- you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
- If you received a gift from the Reagans, it was probably a unwanted, retread gift that someone had already given them. This is Nancy's doing, not Ronald's.
- Black people were not permitted in her parents' home.
|12 Dec 1983
||Nancy Reagan sites in Mr. T's lap, the only First Lady to have done so.
|2 Mar 1987
||"I don't think most people associate me with leeches or how to get them off. But I know how to get them off. I'm an expert at it." Spoken about Donald Regan.
|5 Jun 2004
||With his family by his side, former U.S. President Ronald Reagan dies from Alzheimer's disease and pneumonia complications at his home in Los Angeles, CA. Newly-widowed Nancy Reagan observes: "Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him."
Faces of Death |